Getting Started: 6 Steps for Setup Success
Follow these six steps to get started with your new OrangeQC account.
The six steps for setup success:
- Create a new Site hierarchy
- Customize your inspection forms
- Assign inspection forms to Areas
- Perform an inspection on the mobile app
- View the results online
- Add your team
The completion of all six steps should take less than an hour, with each step taking about 10 minutes. We recommend starting small and simple with a single location so you get the hang of it. Once you've successfully set up one location, you'll be on your way to set up the rest of your organization.
Step 1: Create a new site hierarchy
There are two main components to OrangeQC setup: Sites and inspection forms.
Sites are the physical locations that you service, all arranged in a folder hierarchy. (Keep in mind that Site and Areas are actually flexible folders and should be treated as such when organization your account.) This means that you can add a top-level Site to represent a multi-building campus or client location. Then, you'll create sub-areas, represented by folders, for structural items such as floors, wings of a building, and rooms.
Administrators can create and edit Sites via the Setup tab.
Once a Site is created, you can create a folder hierarchy within that location.
Step 2. Customize your inspection forms
Inspection forms are checklists that you and your team will use for inspections. While OrangeQC comes with several default inspection forms, we recommend either editing these templates or creating your own to best fit your process. If you already have a paper-based inspection process, you can set up your inspection form exactly like you have it on paper.
Just like paper forms, OrangeQC inspection forms have these common parts:
- Heading: Typically, the title of your form or area type that you will be setting up.
- Line Items: The list of criteria that make up this inspection form. For example: desks, chairs, or horizontal surfaces.
- (Optional) Sections: Sub-headings to break up your form into logical parts. This is a more advanced feature, and is only relevant if you are creating complex or lengthy forms.
We recommend starting simple. Keep your inspection forms short and actionable. For reference, most teams have either...
- ...10-20 individual inspection forms for different area types. For example, one inspection form for Restrooms and another inspection form for Offices.
- ...or, a handful of Account-wide forms that are used in most areas. For example, a Corporate Inspection Template that can be used in any building.
Administrators can create and edit inspection forms via the Setup tab.
Step 3. Assign inspection forms to Areas
In order to do inspections in the field, you must assign each form to a specific Area. This step will link particular inspection forms directly to the relevant Areas.
Reminder: This is the most often forgotten step, so be sure to assign your inspection forms. Here's how:
- From within the Site, click on the Area where you want to assign an inspection form. The Area name will be highlighted once it's selected.
- Click the "Assign Inspection Form" button.
- Select the inspection form you would like to assign from the drop-down menu, then press "Save".
- Repeat as needed to assign forms to the proper areas.
Step 4. Perform an inspection on the mobile app
Once your first Site is set up, you're ready to perform your first inspection!
- Download the OrangeQC app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Enter your account name. This is the first part of your login URL.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tap on your recently created Site, then open the inspection form.
- Tapping on a line item will allow you to change the rating. Spend a moment to explore what you can do and the layout of this screen.
- When you're done, tap the "Submit" button to complete your inspection.
Step 5. View the results online
Completed inspection forms will be synced to your account online. To view inspections online:
- Log into your account from your computer.
- Visit the Inspections tab, then click on an inspection in the list to open it. You may also filter for results using the provided filters.
- Review the ratings, photos, comments, and notes that are part of your inspection.
Step 6. Add your team
Everyone who will perform inspections, view results, or administer your account will be set up as a user via the People tab.
We recommend creating a few users for your colleagues and to experiment with the permissions. Here's how:
- Visit the People tab and click the "New Person" button.
- Complete the Basic Info section and create a username and password for this user. All users must have a valid email address, username, and password.
- Select the Roles for this user (for example, an Inspector or Administrator). If the user is not any of these roles (such as a view-only user), please un-check all the roles.
- Select the individual permissions that you'd like this user to have.
- Enable email alerts for this particular user. We recommend starting with the Daily Summary and adding additional email alerts as needed.
- Grant the user Areas of Access by using the check-boxes. These denote which areas the user is responsible for and will have access to. The areas in this list are the same hierarchy you configured when creating your Sites and Areas. You can press the "+" button to load the sub-areas within a particular area.
- Press "Save" to create the user. The system will not trigger an email alert to the user, so you will need to provide this person with the necessary credentials so they can log in.