Scheduling helps teams organize and plan for inspections. It’s a great way to make sure everyone’s on the same page about when, where, and how often inspections should be done. There are two types:
- One-off scheduled inspections remind your team to do an inspection (or set of inspections) on a specific date.
For example, maybe you received a customer complaint and want a supervisor to do an extra inspection next week, or maybe you want your team to do a detailed end-of-year inspection.
- Recurring scheduled inspections are done routinely, such as once a week or on certain days each month.
For example, maybe you want all classrooms inspected once a week, due by Saturday, or maybe you have a monthly detailed inspection due the last day of each month.
Inspectors using the latest iOS mobile app will see a list of scheduled inspections on the Scheduled tab in the app. For all other inspectors, OrangeQC will automatically mark the scheduled inspection completed when they perform an inspection with the same site and form.
Create a One-Off Scheduled Inspection
- Click on the Inspections tab.
- Click "Upcoming": This is located in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click the "+ New" button: This is located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Fill out the form: Give your inspection a name (ex: "Extra Check of Classrooms"), then select the inspection you want performed and the site where it should be done. (You can also add extra locations if you want it performed in multiple places.) For more information on each field, see the bottom of this page. Pick the due date, which is the deadline for when your team needs to have the inspection completed.
- Click "Save": You’re done! Now, when you click "Upcoming" in the left-hand sidebar of the Inspections tab, you should see the scheduled inspection listed. (Depending on the due date, you may have to adjust the filters to see it.)
Create a Recurring Scheduled Inspection
- Click on the Inspections tab.
- Click “Schedules”: This is located in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click the “New Schedules” button: This is located on the right-hand side of the screen. Then, select “Weekly Inspection” or “Monthly Inspection” from the drop-down menu. (You’ll fine-tune how often the inspection is scheduled in the next step.)
- Fill out the form: For more information on each field, see the bottom of this page. Select the date when the inspections should start being scheduled and how often they should be scheduled.
- Click “Save”: You’re done! Now, when you click “Upcoming” in the left-hand sidebar of the Inspections tab, you should see the scheduled inspection listed. (Depending on the due date, you may have to adjust the filters to see it.)
Scheduled Inspection Creation Form Details
- Name: The name for the scheduled inspection (ex: “Weekly Bathroom Walkthrough,” “End-of-Month Detailed Inspection”).
- Inspection Form: The form you want used to complete the scheduled inspection.
- Locations: One or more places where the inspection should be done.
- Starts at: The date you want the inspection to start being scheduled. (You can choose today’s date if you want the schedule to be effective immediately.)
- Period: How often the inspection should show up as scheduled. (Do you want it performed every week? Every other month?)
- For weekly inspections, under “Day of Week,” check the boxes for as many days as the inspection should be due.
- For monthly inspections, check “Day of Week” to have the inspections due certain weeks of the month and certain days of those weeks. (Ex: Add “2nd” and “4th” under "Takes Place" and check "Monday" under "Day of Week" to have an inspection due the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month.)
- For monthly inspections, check “Day of Month” to have the inspection due on a certain date each month. (Ex: the 1st and 15th of each month.)