Create a recurring inspection schedule
Use recurring inspection schedules when you have a routine due date for inspections that doesn't change (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc).
(If your schedule changes a lot, we instead recommend scheduling one-time inspections.)
To create a new recurring inspection schedule:
- Visit the Schedule tab.
- Click "Edit Schedules."
- Click "New Schedule" and select either a weekly or monthly inspection.
- Title: Name the inspection. Keep it simple, with either the purpose of the inspection or the person responsible. (For example: "End-of-Month Audit," "John's Wednesday Inspections," "Quarterly PR Audit.")
- Inspection Form: Select the form you want the inspector to use from the drop-down menu.
- Locations: Expand the area you want to inspect and mark the check boxes for the locations where you want to schedule the audits. Look at the box on the right-hand side of the Locations section to make sure the inspection form is assigned to the selected location.
If the location you choose has sub-areas, it will automatically schedule the same inspection for each of those sub-areas -- if they also have that inspection form assigned. You do not need to check the individual subarea boxes if you've checked the box for an area above them.
- Assigned to: (Optional) Assign the scheduled inspection to a particular person or group. This will not restrict other users from performing it, but just designates who's responsible.
- Starts at: Select a start for when this schedule should begin. By default, the start date will be today. Inspections be scheduled for the next time the scheduled day comes around.
- Period and Day of Week: Use these fields to create the schedule. Below are some examples:
- Save. The scheduler may take a few moments to plan the upcoming scheduled inspections. Please wait a moment and refresh the page to see those inspections.
When you're reviewing scheduled inspections, note you'll only see scheduled inspections for until the end of the upcoming month. Audits further in the future will be calculated in the following month.