Add an Administrator
Administrators are power users with abilities to edit, create, and delete information within the account. They have access to both the Setup and People tabs. It is important to limit access to administrator privileges to only users who need it.
Here is how to create an administrator:
- Click the People tab: This is located in the menu bar and will only be visible to administrators.
- Click "New Person":
- Fill out some basic information: Right now, you’ll need the inspector’s name and email; you can add other info later. You’ll also set their username and password. (Remember this, as you’ll need to send it to them later.) Finally, set the person’s role to “Administrator.”
- Customize permissions: We recommend the following settings for a typical administrator.
- Configure Email Alerts: We recommend at least enabling the Daily Summary. You can optionally subscribe them to the OrangeQC newsletter, which will keep them in the loop on tips and new features.
- Set Areas of Access: Should this person have access to any location in the whole account, or just for certain sites or areas? You can choose how much access you'd like to give your administrator. If they only have access to certain areas, they won't be able to see other sites. When you're done, click "Save."
- Share the details with your user: Now that you’ve created their account, you’ll need to send them a note with their username, password, and your account name. We do not send this email on your behalf, so you can create the account ahead of time and share it when you're ready to grant access.