Add a Customer
OrangeQC simplifies your communication with customers by notifying them about the inspections and work you’re doing.
(This is optional; you do not have to include your customers on your account.) If you add customers, they can see reports for their facility and submit new tickets. too. Here’s how to add a customer:
- Click the People tab: This is located in the menu bar and will only be visible to Administrators.
- Click "New Person":
- Fill out some basic information: Fill in the customer’s name, and email, then set their username and password. Remember this information: OrangeQC will not email your customer with their login info. We allow you to handle introducing OrangeQC to your customer. Remember that they will start receiving emails from us based on the email alerts you turn on (see step 6).
- Uncheck all roles: You probably don't want your customer to edit your account as an Administrator or update your OrangeQC billing information as a billing liaison, so uncheck these roles. We’d also recommend unchecking the Inspector role; you can always check it later if you decide to allow your customer to perform inspections as well.
- Customize their permissions: Decide which features you'd like them to access. Below are the defaults we recommend for an average customer. This will let them see some high-level metrics as well as submit tickets (such as complaints, service requests, or work orders).
Set up email alerts: Email alerts simplify communication and let your customer know everything is running smoothly. Inspections can either be automatically emailed as soon as they happen or at the end of each day. If you do a lot of inspections, we recommend just checking the first box for a daily email. That way, they’ll get one email a day (if there’s activity), rather than an email for each inspection.
- Set their areas of access: Your customer should only be able to see their own site and facilities. Check the sites or areas they need updates about. When you're done, click "Save.”
- Update your customer: We allow you to maintain control over communications with your customer. Be sure to send an email to let your customer know that you’ve set up OrangeQC as a communication hub between your companies. Let them know that they can log in at any time to see recent inspections performed at their location and send requests through OrangeQC’s Ticketing system. You’ll also need to send them the URL to your OrangeQC account and give them their username and password.