Import Locations with Excel
Getting Started Questions
Is an Excel import of my data right for me?
The most common way to set up your site, areas, and inspection forms is via the Setup tab, not using the Excel import. We recommend that organizations appoint a main point of contact who is responsible for setting up new locations via the Setup tab.
We only recommend performing an Excel import only if you already have your data in the desired Excel format. It does not save time if you have to generate the Excel file from scratch.
What data can be imported into OrangeQC?
We can import Area hierarchies (such as new sites and their sub-areas) and the assignment of inspection forms to those particular areas.
Steps to Import Areas into OrangeQC
- Create the shared inspection forms that will be included in the import. (See Shared Inspection Forms below.)
- Create an Excel file using the format described on this page. (See Create Excel File with Locations below).
- Email that file to us at email@example.com.
- We'll review the file to make sure it matches the right format. Then, we’ll send a preview of how the information will look in OrangeQC after the import. We can usually do this within one business week.
- You’ll review the preview and approve the import (or tell us if anything looks wrong).
- After we get your approval, we’ll officially import the locations. We can usually do this within one business week.
Shared Inspection Forms
- Click the “Setup” tab.
- Open an existing location or create a new site (you could name it "Testing").
- Create an inspection form. Make sure it’s marked as "Shared." Repeat this step for all the forms you’d like to include in your import.
Create Excel File with Locations
- Level 1
- Level 2
|Site||Level 1||Level 2||Form|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 01||Hallway|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 01||Lobby|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 01||Office|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 01||Public Areas|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 01||Restrooms|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 02||Hallway|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 02||Offices|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 02||Restrooms|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 03||Hallway|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 03||Offices|
|Acme Building||RR Building||Floor 03||Restrooms|
|Acme Building||WEC Building||Floor 01||Lobby|
|Acme Building||WEC Building||Floor 01||Public Areas|
|Acme Building||WEC Building||Floor 02||Hallway|
|Acme Building||WEC Building||Floor 02||Offices|
|Acme Building||WEC Building||Floor 02||Restrooms|
Imports can not have more than 6,000 rows. If you are going above that, contact us to discuss alternative ways to capture your locations.
Imports can not be performed twice for the same location. Please make sure your file is correct before sending it to us and approving it for production use.