Create Tickets from Inbound Emails
You can set up OrangeQC so that when a customer emails you, it automatically creates a ticket and notifies your team. This is a powerful feature for helping your team track customer concerns.
- Allows OrangeQC to automatically assign a location or categorize each ticket that’s created. This helps your system run smoothly and automatically.
- Allows you to create QR codes that can be scanned to email you and create a ticket, such as in a bathroom to alert you to problems. This is a great add-on service that customers love and that you can charge for. We have a great blog post about how Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport uses OrangeQC to gather visitor feedback on their restrooms. Check out how it looks:
How to Create a Custom Email Address
- Create an email address: Set up a custom account (for example, “firstname.lastname@example.org”) that’s dedicated for this purpose. You may need to log in to your email server or request help from your IT team to set up a new address.
- Access your OrangeQC account settings: From your OrangeQC account, click on your name in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. This will bring up a drop-down menu. Click “Account Settings.” (This is only visible for Administrators.)
- Click “Ticket Email Addresses:” This is located in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click the “New” button: This is located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Add your email to the OrangeQC system: Enter the email address you’ve created in the first field. Copy down the email address in the second field; you’ll need this address to set up email forwarding in the next step.
- (Optional) Add area or or categorization: If you choose to autoassign to an area, all of the emails sent to this email address will create a ticket that’s automatically assigned to the location you choose. If you choose to automatically categorize, all of the emails sent to this email address will create a ticket that’s automatically categorized as a complaint, flagged ticket, or request (whichever you choose).
You do not have to set either of these fields. In that case, the tickets will be created without a location or category.
- Set up email forwarding: Set that new email address to forward emails to the address listed in the second field of the Email Tickets page. For help setting up email forwarding, check out these guides from email providers: Gmail, Yahoo Mail!, Outlook Server, and Office 365.
- Test it out: First, send an email to the dedicated address you just set up. Now, click on the Tickets tab from your OrangeQC account. You should immediately see a new ticket from the email.
How New Email Tickets Are Categorized
- The system will automatically assign the ticket to that location.
- OrangeQC will email all team members who have access to that location and have "All activity" setting under “Tickets” turned on in their profile. (Click the “People” tab, then on a user’s name, to see their settings.)
- The ticket will be categorized under “Unassigned Area” in your ticket inbox. You can manually add the right area.
- Only users who have the "View inbound email tickets that are not assigned to a location" permission will be able to see the ticket until it’s assigned. If you want a user to be notified when these tickets come through, turn on the “An email ticket is not assigned to a location” option on their profile (click the “People” tab, then on a user’s name, to see their settings). This person can then edit it and assign a location so that the rest of your team is notified.
How to Create a QR Code