Send OrangeQC data through Zapier to another API
Use case from Zapier: If you want to take specific data from a webhook and not post a complete webhook to a third-party service, you can use Zapier to add or remove chosen fields on a webhook. This can be useful to prevent sensitive information from being sent to a third-party, or if you want to add additional attributes to your webhook.
- A webhook is received by Zapier
- Zapier takes the specified fields and fires its own webhook
- While logged into Zapier, add a new Zap for “Send data from a webhook through a new webhook.” Press “Create this Zap.”
- Zapier: Catch a Hook: Press “Continue.”
- Zapier: Pick off a Child Key: Leave the text field blank and press “Continue.” Zapier can optionally provide you with a specific key within the payload. Please review the OrangeQC API docs to see the full list of JSON keys.
- Zapier will provide you with an inbound webhook URL. This is the URL that OrangeQC will send data to. Click “Copy to clipboard.”
- In another window, visit your OrangeQC Account Settings > API Webhooks page. Paste the Zapier URL into the provided text field and press “Save.” OrangeQC will send a test API payload to Zapier.
- If the webhook was successfully connected, then you’ll see it displayed on your webhooks list.
- Back on Zapier: Click “Ok, I did this”. Zapier will verify the connection. Press “Continue.”
- Zapier: Enter the destination URL to the third-party system.
- (Optional) You can customize the data that is sent to the destination URL.
- Zapier will test and verify the connection.
- If everything is set up correctly, you’ll be presented with a confirmation screen.