Zapier: Save OrangeQC Inspections to Google Spreadsheets
Use case: You want to save OrangeQC data within a Google Spreadsheet for additional analysis in Excel without having run manual exports from OrangeQC.
- Log into Zapier.
- Search for “webhook” integrations and select “Webhooks by Zapier.”
- Zapier will display a list of Popular Zaps that you can use.
- Within the Add Data to a Spreadsheet from a Webhook box, click “Use this Zap.”
- Read the Zapier requirements and click “Create this Zap.”
- Catch a Hook: Press “Continue.”
- Pick off a Child Key: Leave the text field blank and press “Continue.” Zapier can optionally provide you with a specific key within the payload. Please review the OrangeQC API docs to see the full list of JSON keys.
- Zapier will provide you with an inbound webhook URL. This is the URL that OrangeQC will send data to. Click “Copy to clipboard.”
- In another window, visit your OrangeQC Account Settings > API Webhooks page. Paste the Zapier URL into the provided text field and press Save. OrangeQC will send a test API hook to Zapier.
- If the webhook was successfully connected, then you’ll see it displayed on your webhooks list.
- Back on Zapier: Click “Ok, I did this.” Zapier will verify the connection. Press “Continue.”
- Follow the steps on Zapier to set up the Google Sheets Action. Note: you may have to connect your Google Apps account to Zapier.
- Select the Spreadsheet and Worksheet. Create column headers for the data you’d like stored in the Spreadsheet. Zapier will let you create a mapping between the columns in the Excel file and the values inside the OrangeQC API.
- Zapier will display a sample of the data with the mappings you created. Press “Create & Continue” to add that sample row to your Spreadsheet.
Congrats! You’ve integrated OrangeQC with Google Spreadsheets! Zapier will confirm this integration and automatically enable your Zap.